We are very pleased to announce that we have released a new project experience. It’s now available in SonarCloud for all users. You’ll notice a few improvements the next time you open SonarCloud. We’re going to tell you more about what this makeover is about in this article.
You may be wondering What is the overall Code Quality and Code Security of my project? What progress are we making as a team? What had an impact on the code lately? What do I have to do next? With that in mind, we have been hard at work to revamp the whole project experience. We’re bringing more clarity, more simplicity, and more efficiency to you and your development team. We want you to be able to assess your project health quickly, know what to do from there, and be empowered to take effective action. Who said writing clean code had to be difficult?
Get your project to the next level!
Here is what this new experience is all about: dealing efficiently with potential issues, merging clean code to your repository, and seeing the quality and security of your code get better every day. We believe the new project experience will help you do just that and reduce time to success.
In a nutshell, here are the highlights of the new experience:
- A central page for your project, called ‘Overview’, where you will be able to check all the vital signs of your project
- Quality Gate status of the main branch with the list of failed conditions so you can easily understand what needs to be fixed before release
- Clear indicators and interactive graphs to help track your progress
- Latest activity on pull requests
- A new menu, allowing you to navigate your projects easily and investigate branches and pull requests
- A focus on new code, because this is where you’ll have the most impact following the Clean as you Code™ principles
Cleaner interface, built for efficiency
We have a mission to help developers write clean code. We want to achieve it with panache and make you feel good using our products. Our product designers invested a lot of time over the last several months, trying to create an interface that's easier to use and that helps you be more productive. By providing an interface with significantly better navigation and information visualization, we believe they've succeeded. For instance, the quality gate which is crucial information when trying to reply to the question ‘Can the project be released now?’ has been made more prominent. Same with the pull request summary that has been simplified to get down to the fundamentals.
We know your time is precious. We believe that with this new environment in place, you’ll be able to maximize the time invested in Code Quality and Code Security for great results.
On a special note, we want to thank each and every one of you who participated in the beta and shared precious feedback with the team. It is with your help and your insights that we’re building the best products to help developers write clean code.
The beginning of a new era
Embark with us on a clean code journey and embrace SonarCloud’s makeover. With this new project experience, you’ll:
- Get clear visibility into your project’s health
- Understand where potential problems are coming from
- Focus your attention where you’ll have the most impact
- Keep track of your progress and adjust if needed
If you have any questions about this new project experience, we invite you to ask them on our community forum.
This is only the beginning. Check our public roadmap to discover what’s coming next and stay tuned for future updates.
I guess now it’s time for you to open SonarCloud and try the new project experience! We hope you’ll enjoy it!