SonarSource delivers what is probably the best static code analysis you can find for C. It uses the most advanced techniques (pattern matching, dataflow analysis) to analyze code and find Code Smells, Bugs, and Security Vulnerabilities. As with everything we develop at SonarSource, it was built on the principles of depth, accuracy, and speed.
SonarSource's C analysis has a great coverage of well-established quality standards. This capability is available in Eclipse CDT for developers (SonarLint) as well as throughout the development chain for automated code review with self-hosted SonarQube or cloud-based SonarCloud.
- Any version of CLang, GCC and Microsoft C compilers
- Any version of Intel compiler for Linux and OS X
- ARM5 and ARM6 compilers
- IAR compiler for ARM, Renesas RL78, Renesas RX, Renesas V850, Texas Instruments MSP430 and for 8051
- Compilers based wholly on GCC including for instance Linaro GCC and WindRiver GCC are also supported
- C89, C99, C11, C18 standards
- GNU extensions
- Microsoft Windows, Linux and Mac OS X for runtime environment
SonarSource's C analysis supports all the standard metrics implemented by SonarQube including Cognitive Complexity. Additionally, it supports the import of Microsoft Visual Studio and GCOV Coverage reports along with the import of CPPUnit unit reports.
SonarSource's C analysis doesn't yet provide the ability to write custom rules.
SonarSource's C analysis is officially registered as CWE Compatible