Product Manager - Source Code Analyzers
We solve problems that virtually every company developing software is facing. SonarSource is the leader in code quality & security with more than 85,000 companies using our solution, including eBay, Thales, Cisco, BMW, Deutsche Bank. Join a company with amazing people passionate about what they do!
The impact you can have
As a Product Manager at SonarSource, you play a central role to realise our ambition to provide the smartest static code analyzers of the market. You bring ideas to the table, constantly try to improve products, simplify processes, and sustain an incremental delivery culture.
As a member of a development team, you work closely with the developers to clarify, specify, split, communicate, and validate functional aspects of code analyzers. Product Managers do not lead the development process, instead, strongly influence functional choices and maximise team collaboration.
On a daily basis, it means:
- Interact with our user community by email, clarify and turn into actions/decisions this invaluable feedback: like bug detection that generates noise or a dataflow engine reporting bugs without enough contextual information
- Clean, update and feed a backlog of Minimal Marketable Features (MMF)
- Validate the behavior of new features
- Promote the new features with product news, blog entries and other communication channels
- Help the development team to keep alignment between set objectives for 1 year, 3 months, 2 weeks and for the day
The skills you will demonstrate
- Master one programming language along with its development environment to understand end-users context and expectations. Target languages are C/C++, Java, SQL languages (PL/SQL and TSQL), .Net, and Web languages (JS and TS)
- Strong influencing skills and natural leadership
- Ability to support context-switching
- Self-confident enough to challenge the status quo as well as be challenged
- Open-minded and very positive can-do attitude
We can consider remote workers and support relocation on a case by case basis
When you choose a job, you choose a culture…
At SonarSource we believe in people, excellence and delivery. We operate as a group with minimal hierarchy, our success comes from the sum of all of us, we remain open minded to others’ views and we embrace diversity because we see it as a strength. We achieve the highest standards; we go the extra mile and challenge the status quo; we take responsibility for actions and decisions and we take accountability for problems. We recognise our limitations so we can constantly improve. As a SonarSourcer, you make it happen. You receive no order to follow: you choose your battle, take risks, innovate and lead change in baby steps.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Geneva - SwitzerlandApply now