The C/C++ plugin adds a state-of-the-art C/C++ lexer, preprocessor and parser to SonarSource products. It allows users to perform objective and automated C and C++ code reviews against pre-defined coding best practices. As the plugin includes embedded lexer and preprocessor, the C/C++ source code does not need to be preprocessed before being analyzed.
This plugin benefits from the power of Open Source by reusing all available core services from the SonarQube platform, including issues drilldowns, hotspots, code viewer with syntax highlighting, Time Machine, Clouds, and coding rule profile management.
- Embedded lexer, preprocessor and parser, so the C/C++ source code does not need to be preprocessed before being analyzed
- Supports C89, C99, C11, C++03 and C++11 standards
- Supports projects compiled with CLang, GCC and Microsoft C/C++ compilers
- 850+ pre-defined coding rules
- MISRA-C:2004 and MISRA-C++:2008 coding standards
- Compatible with the SonarQube Eclipse plugin to track issues while coding
- Ability to extend the out-the-box rule engine by writing custom rules
- Ability to import CPPUnit and GCOV reports
- Easy installation and usage
- Excellent performance, able to analyze millions of lines of code in minutes