Q3 saw many important announcements – we released SonarLint for Visual Studio and SonarQube Scanner for MSBuild among other things! We have been working hard on all our plugins and were happy to give you the news and our roadmap for the future at our European User Conference in Geneva at the end of September, thanks again for coming!
SonarLint for Visual Studio
SonarSource team is extremely excited to announce the release of SonarLint for Visual Studio. SonarLint is a Visual Studio 2015 extension that provides on-the-fly feedback to developers on any new bug or quality issue injected into C# code. The extension is based on and benefits from the .NET Compiler Platform (“Roslyn”) and its code analysis API to provide a fully-integrated user experience in Visual Studio 2015.
For more information on the product:
SonarQube Scanner for MSBuild
The SonarQube Scanner for MSBuild is now the official and only way to analyse any C# or VB.Net source files contained in Visual Studio solutions. It provides both
- The ability to extend any existing TFS 2013 build by adding some SonarQube analysis steps
- The ability to manually analyze any Visual Studio Solution or MSBuild project.
Documentation is available on the product page. Please read the release notes for more information about the content of this release.
As announced in April, this product is the output of a close collaboration between SonarSource and Microsoft to make the SonarQube products as seamlessly integrated as possible into the TFS environment.
- Cobol: corrected remediation costs of some rules and improved Micro Focus support
- C#: embeds the latest version of SonarLint
- Findbugs: fills in the missing SQALE debt values and upgrades FB-Contrib to 6.2.3 and Find Security Bugs to 1.4.2.
- Java: new rules and improvements, multiple bug fixes, allows custom rules on tests
- Swift: new rules and support of the SonarQube symbol highlighting mechanism
- To stay up-to date on all releases, follow our Product News section.
Welcome to Our New Colleagues
SonarSource is pleased to welcome:
- Oguzhan Ozdemir joins as a Business Developer
- Didier Besset is the newest addition to our language team
SonarSource is sponsoring and speaking at conferences around the world. Last quarter we were also happy to hold our first European SonarQube conference:
- European SonarQube User Conference: 23-24 September 2015 in Geneva, Switzerland
- Jug Summer Camp: 18 September 2015 in La Rochelle, France