With the release of SonarQube 5.1, the Microsoft/SonarQube integration and SonarQube user conferences in the US (Santa Clara, CA), and France (Paris), we have been busy all through the second quarter and not showing signs of slowing down: the European user conference in Geneva is coming up already in September!
SonarQube 5.1 was released in April and it includes the following new features:
- New issues page & improved issue management
- New rules page
- Improved layout and navigation
- Simplified component Viewer
- All text files in a project imported
- Preview analysis timezone issue solved
Microsoft ALM Integration
Our integration with Microsoft .Net ALM has been completely reworked in collaboration with Microsoft.
The joined team has now delivered a native integration with MSBuild along with a complete ruleset that can be run in Visual Studio 2015.
We presented this work with Microsoft at the Microsoft Build Conference in San Francisco.
- Cobol: nesting conditional statements, improved support for Microfocus and IBM OS/VS and VS COBOL II Read more
- C/C++/Objective-C: new rules, declaration highlighting, decrease of memory consumption and overall improvement of analysis performance Read more
- Java: new bug detection rules, powerful semantic API for custom rules, detection of unclosed resources and locks that are never unlocked Read more
- Python: 20 new rules, fixes to some parsing issues Read more
- New “SonarQube MSBuild Runner” tool for seamless integration with TFS 2013 Read more
- Swift: new rules and support for the evolution of the Swift language syntax
Welcome to Our New Colleagues
SonarSource is pleased to welcome:
- Henri Gomez joins our ops team as a gardener
- David Gageot is an addition to the core team
- Duarte Meneses is a new developer in the batch team
SonarSource is sponsoring and speaking at conferences around the world. This last quarter we held 2 of our own conferences:
- BreizhCamp 2015: 10-12 June 2015 in Rennes (FR)
- SonarQube User Conference: 10 June 2015 in Paris (FR)
- Microsoft Build: April 29-May 1 in San Francisco, CA (US)
- SonarQube User Conference – US West Coast: 27 April 2015 in Santa Clara (US)
SonarQube User Conference in Geneva
Following the success of SonarQube conferences in the US and Paris earlier this year, we are happy to announce that our first European user conference will be taking place on September 23-24 in Geneva, Switzerland! This will be a two-day event full of interesting topics and free of charge for attendants but as we have limited seating, registration is required. Come and join us in Geneva!