We solve problems that virtually every company developing software is facing. SonarSource is the leader in code quality & security with more than 85,000 companies using our solution, including eBay, Thales, Cisco, BMW, Deutsche Bank and Uber. Used in diverse type of industry, SonarSource solutions are integrated into development workflow to improve software quality from developer’s workspace to the release of a product.
In order to help our customers adopt, deploy and integrate our products, the support team is looking for a talented Support Engineer who has a passion for software engineering challenges, and a knack for resolving technical issues. On top of joining a fast-growing and innovative company, you will have the opportunity to assist companies around the world in deploying/using our solutions, and adopting software engineering best-practices as a whole.
The impact you can have
Joining our Support team means on daily basis:
- Helping customers integrate our solutions from developer IDE till the Continuous Integration chain. Both from a software lifecycle perspective (SCM, build, test) and from a business application perspective (authentication, database etc.)
- Driving technical issues to resolution: from qualifying the issue, to reproducing it and conducting an in-depth technical investigation (being in touch with the customer and managing his expectations all along the way)
- Collaborating with SonarSource Sales and Consulting teams to support the adoption and deployment of SonarSource solutions
- Bringing together customers feedback and SonarSource product evolutions
- Having a voice in enhancing the way we work
The skills you will demonstrate
- Software engineering best practices, with at least 3-5 years of experience in maintaining and delivering high-quality software
- Experience with common software engineering tools: SCM (e.g. Git, SVN), IDE (e.g. IntelliJ, VisualStudio), CI (e.g. Jenkins, VSTS). More than acronyms, they are tools that our customers use and that our products integrate with.
- Experience with system-wide deployments. Because sometimes an issue is not caused by the application itself, but by the network, the underlying server, the database or else
- Investigation skills to understand problems in their context and to ability to reproduce them
- Team player, receiving and giving feedback as well as sharing knowledge
- Can-do attitude: challenging status-quo, leading and contributing to key improvements and innovations
What we do
SonarSource was started by a team of developers that wanted to change the way code is built in an agile development process. The company was created to develop the open source tool SonarQube, which is now the standard in code quality management with over 85,000 instances deployed today. Every day we are focused on solving developers’ next big problem.
Who we are
At SonarSource we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We’re a team of problem solvers and overachievers who seek out others who are also passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride. We work hard not because we’re told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love. If there’s one main message we want you to remember about us, it’s that we push others to be best in class at whatever they do: choose your battle, innovate, take risks, and lead change. Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together.
Why you will love it here
- You will be given ownership and challenges, team support and encouragement to help you hit your personal goals
- You will have the opportunity to be a leader in your domain
- You will have a concrete impact on a fast-growing company
- You will enjoy working as part of a casual, fun and passionate team
- You will meet and work with a talented and diverse team of 75+ professionals from 18 different nationalities
- You will enjoy the passion and drive of a start-up with big-company events and benefits
Thank you for sending us your application!
We will come back to you with feedback
In the meantime, we want to give you a heads-up on our hiring process:
For technical roles only, qualified candidates will first be asked via email to take a technical assessment named Codility
For all roles, selected candidates will be invited to 30 min video session(s) with one or two members of the hiring team
Then, candidates will be invited to come to our offices for half a day or so,
to complete a technical interview with the hiring team, followed by a meeting with the people & culture team
Finally, candidates will potentially be asked to schedule a 1h final interview with our CEO
Kindly note that you can be declined at any stage and we will always do our best to deliver direct constructive feedback.
To know more about who you may meet, visit our team page.
Have fun. We are looking forward to meeting you!