We solve problems that virtually every company developing software is facing. SonarSource is the leader in code quality & security with more than 85,000 companies using our solution, including eBay, Thales, Cisco, BMW, Deutsche Bank and Uber. Used in diverse type of industry, SonarSource solutions are integrated into development workflow to improve software quality from developer’s workspace to the release of a product.
In order to help our customers adopt, deploy and integrate our products, the support team is looking for a talented Support Engineer who has a passion for software engineering challenges, and a knack for resolving technical issues. On top of joining a fast-growing and innovative company, you will have the opportunity to assist companies around the world in deploying/using our solutions, and adopting software engineering best-practices as a whole.
The impact you can have
Joining our Support team means on daily basis:
- Helping customers integrate our solutions from developer IDE till the Continuous Integration chain. Both from a software lifecycle perspective (SCM, build, test) and from a business application perspective (authentication, database etc.)
- Driving technical issues to resolution: from qualifying the issue, to reproducing it and conducting an in-depth technical investigation (being in touch with the customer and managing his expectations all along the way)
- Collaborating with SonarSource Sales and Consulting teams to support the adoption and deployment of SonarSource solutions
- Bringing together customers feedback and SonarSource product evolutions
- Having a voice in enhancing the way we work
The skills you will demonstrate
- Software engineering best practices, with at least 3-5 years of experience in maintaining and delivering high-quality software
- Experience with common software engineering tools: SCM (e.g. Git, SVN), IDE (e.g. IntelliJ, VisualStudio), CI (e.g. Jenkins, VSTS). More than acronyms, they are tools that our customers use and that our products integrate with.
- Experience with system-wide deployments. Because sometimes an issue is not caused by the application itself, but by the network, the underlying server, the database or else
- Investigation skills to understand problems in their context and to ability to reproduce them
- Team player, receiving and giving feedback as well as sharing knowledge
- Can-do attitude: challenging status-quo, leading and contributing to key improvements and innovations
When you choose a job, you choose a culture…
At SonarSource we believe in people, excellence and delivery. We operate as a group with minimal hierarchy, our success comes from the sum of all of us, we remain open minded to others’ views and we embrace diversity because we see it as a strength. We achieve the highest standards; we go the extra mile and challenge the status quo; we take responsibility for actions and decisions and we take accountability for problems. We recognise our limitations so we can constantly improve. As a SonarSourcer, you make it happen. You receive no order to follow: you choose your battles, take risks, innovate and lead change in baby steps.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Geneva (Switzerland) or La Roche-sur-Foron (France)Apply now