We solve problems that virtually every company developing software is facing. SonarSource is the leader in code quality & security with more than 100,000 companies using our solution, including Samsung, eBay, EA, Uber, Airbus, BMW. Join a company with amazing people passionate about what they do!
The Marketing team is opening a new position and would like to welcome the first Event Marketing Geek at SonarSource. Your mission will be to help SonarSource shine on the regional and global landscapes.
If you are self-driven, naturally enthusiastic and like organising events more than anything, read further, this job will be your next challenge!
The impact you can have
- You will participate in the definition of event goals and expectations, to ensure event success
- You will handle planning, production and execution of events, from large events (Microsoft, Jenkins and Compuware conferences) to small user groups (customer events and developer user groups)
- You will drive events sourcing, venue screening, event promotion, follow-up and reporting
- To make sure we deliver a high-quality event, you will work closely with sales, product and admin teams on content creation, collateral, signage, travel arrangements and staffing
- You will manage event calendar and project timelines
The skills you will demonstrate
- 3-5 years of successful experience in event marketing. Experience in marketing B2B technology products a strong plus
- Ability to juggle various projects/events
- Strong problem solving mindset, managing time effectively
- Self-starter and autonomous in driving a task from the idea to the result
- Ability to adapt communication and presentation to various audience
- Fluent in English
- Availability to travel at events which may happen
What we do
SonarSource was started by a team of developers that wanted to change the way code is built in an agile development process. The company was created to develop the open source tool SonarQube, which is now the standard in code quality management with over 85,000 instances deployed today. Every day we are focused on solving developers’ next big problem.
Who we are
At SonarSource we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We’re a team of problem solvers and overachievers who seek out others who are also passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride. We work hard not because we’re told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love. If there’s one main message we want you to remember about us, it’s that we push others to be best in class at whatever they do: choose your battle, innovate, take risks, and lead change. Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together.
Why you will love it here
- You will be given ownership and challenges, team support and encouragement to help you hit your personal goals
- You will have the opportunity to be a leader in your domain
- You will have a concrete impact on a fast-growing company
- You will enjoy working as part of a casual, fun and passionate team
- You will meet and work with a talented and diverse team of 75+ professionals from 18 different nationalities
- You will enjoy the passion and drive of a start-up with big-company events and benefits
Thank you for sending us your application!
We will come back to you with feedback
In the meantime, we want to give you a heads-up on our hiring process:
For technical roles only, qualified candidates will first be asked via email to take a technical assessment named Codility
For all roles, selected candidates will be invited to 30 min video session(s) with one or two members of the hiring team
Then, candidates will be invited to come to our offices for half a day or so,
to complete a technical interview with the hiring team, followed by a meeting with the people & culture team
Finally, candidates will potentially be asked to schedule a 1h final interview with our CEO
Kindly note that you can be declined at any stage and we will always do our best to deliver direct constructive feedback.
To know more about who you may meet, visit our team page.
Have fun. We are looking forward to meeting you!