At SonarSource, we solve problems that virtually every company developing software is facing. SonarSource is the leader in code quality and security with more than 85,000 companies using our solution, including Samsung, eBay, EA, Uber, Airbus, BMW.
We are seeking an experienced Software Licenses Lawyer to be part of the Legal team. The mission is to help grow our legal activities and serve our expanding international Sales team (Europe, Americas, Asia). Primary responsibilities will be to negotiate terms and conditions of global software license agreements, subscriptions and NDAs, mainly under Swiss or English law. The candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills and be willing to contribute to all aspects of a growing legal department in a dynamic and rapidly-evolving software company.
The impact you can have
- Reviewing software license proposals from around the world
- Negotiating license terms & conditions
- Revising draft agreements and orchestrating the execution of final agreements
- Serving as primary contact for the international Sales Team on all Sales-related legal matters
- Interfacing with SMEs and large multinationals
- Helping to develop and implement strategies and model agreements for a growing company having constantly evolving needs
The skills you will need
- Law degree or legal studies
- Significant experience working with software licenses in a law firm or law department
- Experience in procurement or drafting sales agreements
- An understanding of software (must have) and open source (nice to have) licenses
- Comfortable with civil law and common law contracts
- Strong negotiation skills
- Flexibility and excellent interactive skills
- Self-organised and capable of working independently and supporting a wide range of internal clients
- Fluent English, written and spoken
What we do
SonarSource was started by a team of developers that wanted to change the way code is built in an agile development process. The company was created to develop the open source tool SonarQube, which is now the standard in code quality management with over 85,000 instances deployed today. Every day we are focused on solving developers’ next big problem.
Who we are
At SonarSource we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We’re a team of problem solvers and overachievers who seek out others who are also passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride. We work hard not because we’re told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love. If there’s one main message we want you to remember about us, it’s that we push others to be best in class at whatever they do: choose your battle, innovate, take risks, and lead change. Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together.
Why you will love it here
- You will be given ownership and challenges, team support and encouragement to help you hit your personal goals
- You will have the opportunity to be a leader in your domain
- You will have a concrete impact on a fast-growing company
- You will enjoy working as part of a casual, fun and passionate team
- You will meet and work with a talented and diverse team of 75+ professionals from 18 different nationalities
- You will enjoy the passion and drive of a start-up with big-company events and benefits
Thank you for sending us your application!
We will come back to you with feedback
In the meantime, we want to give you a heads-up on our hiring process:
For technical roles only, qualified candidates will first be asked via email to take a technical assessment named Codility
For all roles, selected candidates will be invited to 30 min video session(s) with one or two members of the hiring team
Then, candidates will be invited to come to our offices for half a day or so,
to complete a technical interview with the hiring team, followed by a meeting with the people & culture team
Finally, candidates will potentially be asked to schedule a 1h final interview with our CEO
Kindly note that you can be declined at any stage and we will always do our best to deliver direct constructive feedback.
To know more about who you may meet, visit our team page.
Have fun. We are looking forward to meeting you!