The COBOL plugin adds a state-of-the-art COBOL parser to SonarSource products. It allows users to perform objective and automated COBOL code reviews against pre-defined or custom coding best practices.
This plugin benefits from the power of Open Source by reusing all available core services from the SonarQube platform, including issues drilldowns, hotspots, code viewer with syntax highlighting, the Time Machine, clouds, and coding rule profile management.
- Conformance to the following standards: COBOL-74, COBOL-85 and COBOL-2002 (partial).
- Solidly tested against the following dialects: IBM OS/VS COBOL, IBM OS/VS COBOL II, IBM COBOL/400, IBM Enterprise COBOL, MicroFocus COBOL, AcuCobol-GT, Bull GCOS, HP Tandem and COBOL-IT.
- Analysis of DB2 SQL and CICS statements embedded inside COBOL.
- 130+ coding rules available, including CICS and SQL rules.
- Ability to extend the out-the-box rule engine by defining and activating custom rules.
- Management of the COPY and REPLACE preprocessing statements with the optional REPLACING clause.
- Ability to automatically flag code generated by COBOL code generators like CA-Telon.
- Easy installation and usage.
- Excellent performance, able to analyze millions of lines of code in minutes.