SonarLint for Visual Studio
SonarSource team is extremely excited to announce the release of SonarLint for Visual Studio. SonarLint is a Visual Studio 2015 extension that provides on-the-fly feedback to developers on any new bug or quality issue injected into C# code. The extension is based on and benefits from the .NET Compiler Platform (“Roslyn”) and its code analysis API to provide a fully-integrated user experience in Visual Studio 2015.
For more information on the product:
- Have a look at the “SonarLint brings SonarQube rules to Visual Studio” blog entry
- Go to the website
- Follow us on the dedicated @sonarlint Twitter account
SonarQube Scanner for MSBuild
The SonarQube Scanner for MSBuild is now the official and only way to analyse any C# or VB.Net source files contained in Visual Studio solutions. It provides both
- The ability to extend any existing TFS 2013 build by adding some SonarQube analysis steps
- The ability to manually analyze any Visual Studio Solution or MSBuild project.
As announced in April, this product is the output of a close collaboration between SonarSource and Microsoft to make the SonarQube products as seamlessly integrated as possible into the TFS environment.
- Cobol: corrected remediation costs of some rules and improved Micro Focus support Read more
- C#: embeds the latest version of SonarLint Read more
- Findbugs: fills in the missing SQALE debt values and upgrades FB-Contrib to 6.2.3 and Find Security Bugs to 1.4.2. Read more
- Java: new rules and improvements, multiple bug fixes, allows custom rules on tests Read more
- Swift: new rules and support of the SonarQube symbol highlighting mechanism Read more
To stay up-to date on all releases, follow our Product News section.
Welcome to Our New Colleagues
SonarSource is pleased to welcome:
- Oguzhan Ozdemir joins as a Business Developer
- Didier Besset is the newest addition to our language team
SonarSource is sponsoring and speaking at conferences around the world. Last quarter we were also happy to hold our first European SonarQube conference:
- European SonarQube User Conference: 23-24 September 2015 in Geneva, Switzerland
- Jug Summer Camp: 18 September 2015 in La Rochelle, France