Sonar Becomes the SonarQube Platform
SonarSource SA announced on 20th of June that it has renamed the Sonar code quality platform to SonarQube, and will offer standard terms and conditions for the use of the SonarQube brand to developers, software companies, and content providers whose related products meet certain safety, quality, and ethical standards. The change in brand and the new standards will mean that the ever-growing consumer base of Sonar (now SonarQube) users can continue to have confidence in the products, services and content associated with the SonarQube brand, knowing that they meet criteria set by SonarSource SA.
SonarQube 3.6 Released
SonarQube 3.6 is now available for download. Violations and Reviews become Issues and come with new features: search engine, change log, etc. New functionality also includes the first features of cartography and a new mechanism to trigger Views, Developer Cockpit and Report.
Cartography is our main focus for the next few months. Our objective with code cartography is to map out your code, so you can answer questions like:
- Which functions use this variable?
- Where was this variable declared?
- Which files use this function?
- Which Cobol programs use this copybook?
- Highlighting usage / declaration of variables, functions, etc.
- Navigation across files / components
- Caller / callee graphs
- Detection of non-allowed calls between technical layers
The first language plugins to introduce cartography features will be Java, Cobol and C/C++. Coming with SonarQube 3.6, highlighting usage / declaration of variables and functions is now available for Java.
New Mechanism to Trigger Views, Developer Cockpit and Report
A new mechanism to trigger the Views, Developer Cockpit and Report plugins comes with SonarQube 3.6. It is now possible to schedule the computations of views, developers and reports or run them on demand.
- C/C++: numerous MISRA rules have been added. Read more
- PHP: external tools are now embarked in the plugin. Read more
- VB.NET: 50+ new rules were added. Read more
- Web: plugin was greatly enhanced and 20+ new rules were added. Read more
- Cobol: preprocessor was fully rewritten. Read more
Nicolas Gamard Joins SonarSource
SonarSource is pleased to welcome Nicolas Gamard to its team. Nicolas joins as Chief Financial Officer, also helping on sales, marketing and strategy.