This version provides two new rules:
- Calls should not be made to non-callable values (Bug)
- Functions should not be called both with and without “new” (Code Smell)
Moreover with help of the Symbolic Execution engine, the types of variables are now tracked along execution paths to make rules relying on variable types detecting even more issues. The following existing rules benefit from this big improvement:
- The identity operator (“===”) should not be used with dissimilar types (Bug)
- Strings and non-strings should not be added (Code Smell)
- Comparison operators should not be used with strings (Code Smell)
- Unary operators “+” and “-” should not be used with objects (Bug)
Please read the release notes for more information. You can install or update it via the Update Center.
Documentation is available on the product page.