SonarSource is pleased to announce the release of the SonarQube Python plugin version 1.6.
With this new version, all latest Python syntax features are now supported:
- 3.6: PEP 498: Formatted string literals
- 3.5: PEP 448 – Additional Unpacking Generalizations
- 3.5: PEP 465 – A dedicated infix operator for matrix multiplication
- 3.5: PEP 492 – Coroutines with async and await syntax
- 3.3: PEP 380: Syntax for Delegating to a Subgenerator
Moreover, all rules provided by the SonarAnalyzer for Python benefit from the SonarQube precise issue location mechanism. Here is this mechanism in action on the rule in charge to detect two branches with the same condition in a chain of related “if/elif” control flow statements:
Please read the release notes for more information. You can install or update it via the Update Center.
Documentation is available on the product page.