SonarSource is pleased to announce the release of the Java plugin version 4.0.
This new version embeds the following 6 new rules:
- “Arrays.stream” should be used for primitive arrays (Bug, performance)
- “Optional” should not be used for parameters (Code Smell, clumsy)
- Double Brace Initialization should not be used (Code Smell, leak)
- Test classes should comply with a naming convention (Code Smell, convention, tests)
- Test methods should comply with a naming convention (Code Smell, convention, tests)
- Underscores should be used to make large numbers readable (Code Smell, convention)
Important Note: as any new upcoming version of SonarQube plugins, this one is only backward compatible with SonarQube 5.6 LTS and not anymore with SonarQube 4.5 LTS version.
Moreover the tutorial explaining the way to develop your own custom rules has been been highly improved so we encourage you to have a look to it: “Writing Custome Java Rules 101“.
Please read the release notes for more information. You can install or update it via the Update Center.
Documentation is available on the product page.