SonarSource is pleased to announce the release of the C# plugin version 5.3.
This new version embeds the following 9 new rules:
- “params” should not be introduced on overrides (Code Smell, confusing)
- “ServiceContract” and “OperationContract” attributes should be used together (Code Smell, suspicious)
- Events should be invoked (Code Smell, unused)
- Methods with “Pure” attribute should return a value (Bug)
- Nullable type comparison should not be redundant (Bug)
- One-way “OperationContract” methods should have “void” return type (Bug)
- Private fields only used as local variables in methods should become local variables (Code Smell, pitfall)
- Unassigned members should be removed (Code Smell, confusing)
- Variables should not be checked against the values they’re about to be assigned (Code Smell, confusing)
Please read the release notes for more information. You can install or update the C# plugin via the Update Center.
Documentation is available on the product page.