SonarSource is pleased to announce the release of the COBOL plugin version 3.1.
This new version embeds the following 5 new rules:
- “CALL” programs should be specified dynamically (Code Smell, bad-practice)
- Binary search should be used for large tables (Code Smell, performance)
- Limited dependence should be placed on operator precedence rules in expressions (Code Smell, cert, cwe, misra)
- Math should only be performed on computational variables (Code Smell, performance)
- Programs should begin with titles (Code Smell, convention)
Moreover the support of the ACUCOBOL-GT and Microfocus preprocessors has been improved. Please read the release notes for more information. You can install or update the COBOL plugin via the Update Center.
Documentation is available on the product page.