SonarSource is pleased to announce the release of the C# plugin version 5.2.
This new version embeds the following 6 new rules:
- Return values should not be ignored when function calls don’t have any side effects (Bug, cert, misra)
- Classes should not have only “private” constructors (Code Smell, design)
- Empty “case” clauses that fall through to the “default” should be omitted (Code Smell, clumsy, finding)
- Exceptions should not be explicitly rethrown (Code Smell, clumsy, finding, unused)
- Methods should not return values that are never used (Code Smell, cert, design, unused)
- Namespaces should not be empty (Code Smell, cert, unused)
Moreover with this version come:
- The support of the
[SuppressMessage]attribute to not import into SonarQube the issues which are switched off in the code with help of this attribute
- The import of the FxCop issues that are not associated to a line of code or even to a source file
Please read the release notes for more information. You can install or update the C# plugin via the Update Center.
Documentation is available on the product page.