SonarSource is pleased to announce the release of SonarLint for Visual Studio version 2.2.
This new version embeds the following 8 new rules:
- Methods with “Pure” attribute should return a value (Bug)
- Events should be invoked (Code Smell, unused)
- Private fields only used as local variables in methods should become local variables (Code Smell, pitfall)
- Variables should not be checked against the values they’re about to be assigned (Code Smell, confusing)
- Unassigned members should be removed (Code Smell, confusing)
- One-way “OperationContract” methods should have “void” return type (Bug)
- “ServiceContract” and “OperationContract” attributes should be used together (Code Smell, suspicious)
- “params” should not be introduced on overrides (Code Smell, confusing)
The connected mode has also been improved to provide notification when the quality profile has changed on server side and the solution needs resync with the SonarQube server:
And finally the SonarQube exclusion MSBuild properties can be edited through a nicer UI now:
Have fun with SonarLint!