SonarSource is pleased to announce the release of SonarLint for Visual Studio version 2.1.
This new version embeds the following 6 new rules:
- Return values should not be ignored when function calls don’t have any side effects (bug, cert, misra)
- Methods should not return values that are never used (cert, design, unused)
- Classes should not have only “private” constructors (design)
- Exceptions should not be explicitly rethrown (clumsy, unused, finding)
- Empty “case” clauses that fall through to the “default” should be omitted (clumsy, finding)
- Namespaces should not be empty (cert, unused)
Moreover the “Connected Mode” benefits from the two following improvements:
- When connecting a Visual Studio solution to a SonarQube project you get a notification if you have a weaker local ruleset file than the SonarQube quality profile defined on server side.
- When a project is flagged as being a test project, the source files part of this test project are no more analyzed by SonarLint.
Have fun with SonarLint!