SonarSource is pleased to announce the release of the Java plugin version 3.13.
This new version embeds the following 7 new rules along with numerous improvements and bug fixes:
- “@NonNull” values should not be set to null (Bug)
- “Externalizable” classes should have a no-arguments constructor (Bug)
- “readResolve” methods should be inheritable (Code Smell, pitfall)
- Constructor injection should be used instead of field injection (Code Smell, design, pitfall)
- Loops should not be infinite (Bug, cert)
- Methods of “Random” that return floating point values should not be used in random integer generation (Code Smell, clumsy)
- Abstract methods should not be redundant(Code Smell, confusing)
Please read the release notes for more information. You can install or update it via the Update Center.
Documentation is available on the product page.