SonarSource is pleased to announce the release of the Java plugin version 3.12.
This new version embeds the following 9 new rules:
- “enum” fields should not be publicly mutable (bad-practice, security)
- Abstract methods should not be redundant (confusing)
- Child class methods named for parent class methods should be overrides (pitfall)
- Constructors should not be used to instantiate “String” and primitive-wrapper classes (performance)
- Locale should be used in String operations (cert, unpredictable)
- Raw byte values should not be used in bitwise operations in combination with shifts (bug)
- Resources as defined by user should be closed (denial-of-service, security)
- Sets with elements that are enum values should be replaced with EnumSet (performance)
- String function use should be optimized for single characters (clumsy, performance)
Please read the release notes for more information. You can install or update it via the Update Center.
Documentation is available on the product page.