SonarSource is pleased to announce the release of the C/C++/Objective-C plugin version 3.10.
This new version embeds the following 5 new rules :
- Local variables should not shadow class fields (C++, pitfall)
- Unused local variables should be removed (C++, C, Objective-C, unused)
- Dead Stores should be removed (C++, C, Objective-C, cert, cwe, suspicious, unused)
- “override” or “final” should be used instead of “virtual” (C++, api-design)
- The “register” storage class specifier should not be used (C++, obsolete)
In addition to those rules :
- The ‘build-wrapper’ becomes mandatory by default to provide accurate analysis.
- Most rules benefit from a better C++ semantic analyzer to report more issues.
- The ability to import Cppcheck reports has been moved to a dedicated community plugin : https://github.com/SonarQubeCommunity/sonar-cppcheck.
Please read the release notes for more information. You can install or update it via the Update Center.