SonarSource is pleased to announce the release of the C# plugin version 4.5, and the SonarQube Scanner for MSBuild version 2.0.
Together, these two new versions add support for 3rd-party Roslyn analyzer plugins. With the use of a special SDK, you can now add rules from any Roslyn analyzer to a SonarQube server.
Additionally, this version of the C# plugin adds five new rules:
- Overriding members should do more than simply call the same member in the base class
- “string.Format()” should not be called without placeholders
- “string.ToCharArray()” should not be called redundantly
- “ToString()” calls should not be redundant
- Unused private types or members should be removed