SonarSource is pleased to announce the release of the COBOL plugin version 3.0.
With this new version, the plugin adds five new rules to check embedded SQL statements against a DB2 database catalog and help maintain data integrity and database performance:
- “INSERT” statements should not set the values of identity columns
- “SELECT” statements should not lead to a full table scan”
- “UPDATE” and “DELETE” statements should not impact multiple rows
- SQL “UPDATE” statements should not change primary key values
- SQL “UPDATE” statements should not impact columns part of a partitioning index
This version also provides a new CICS grammar without any reserved words. This allows the plugin to better handle user-defined identifiers, but will break all custom rules rules currently implemented on CICS statements.
Please read the release notes for more information. You can install or update it via the Update Center.
Documentation is available on the product page.