SonarSource is very pleased to announce the release of SonarQube 5.3!
The main features and noteworthy of this 5.3 version are:
- Introduction of the “Leak Period” as a core feature to enforce the “Water Leak” concept in SonarQube
- The default “SonarQube way” quality gate has been updated to be activated by default (on fresh install) and to use this period only to make sure you are fixing the leak!
- New Project Space which puts the focus on the Quality Gate and Leak Period concepts
- With fixed dashboards per domain (Technical Debt, Coverage, Duplication, Structure) to help focus on what’s important
- Possibility to generate user tokens for a user to avoid giving a login and password:
- to the SonarQube Scanners that upload analysis reports to the server
- to any third-party application that relies on SonarQube Web Service API
- New Web Service API to make it possible to implement a build-breaker strategy on any system
- Cross-project duplication is back!
And obviously as usual, this version comes with lots of bug fixes and other small improvements.