SonarSource is pleased to announce the release of SonarLint for Visual Studio version 1.6.
This version embeds 11 new C# rules and several false positives reported by the community on existing rules have been fixed. Moreover, in the Visual Studio RuleSet editor, the rules are now spread over the default functional categories.
Here are the newly added rules since version 1.5.0:
- Method overloads with default parameter values should not overlap
- Method calls should not resolve ambiguously to overloads with “params”
- “base.Equals” should not be used to check for reference equality in “Equals” if “base” is not “object”
- Attribute, EventArgs, and Exception type names should end with the type being extended
- “ConfigureAwait(false)” should be used
- Culture should be specified for String operations
- Overflow checking should not be disabled for “Enumerable.Sum”
- The length returned from a stream read should be checked
- “async” methods should not return “void”
- “FIXME” tags should be handled
- “TODO” tags should be handled
Have fun with SonarLint !